Thursday, October 15, 2009

Cirque de Britney!

Celebrate! I finally have a costume idea for Halloween. I'm taking some inspiration from my girl Britney Spears and will be dressing as a circus ringmaster. I'm excited. This one will be cheap and easy because I already own most of the essentials.

Checklist:

  1. Black Blazer with coattails. I already own one of these thanks to the crazy/amazing Elizabeth and James sample sale last year. (it was only $10!!!)
  2. Black Opaque tights. Every girl should own at least one pair, unless you're like me and own 6.
  3. Black Patent Leather Ankle Boots. They have a super high heel and are nothing short of fierce. Do you remember the Christian Siriano for Payless boots that I posted about earlier here?
What I need to buy to complete the outfit:

  1. Gold hot shorts. I can always rely on good ol' American Apparel for these.
  2. Sequin Bra. I think I might go DIY for this one.
  3. Top hat, whistle, whip. The only things I'll be buying from the ridiculously crowded costume store.
I hope this all works out. It's like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders.

Betsey Johnson at ShopStyle





~ Jackie D.

No comments:

Post a Comment