Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Gold Rush

Step 1: Admit you have a problem.

I have a problem. Everyday, for the past month, I pay a visit to Garance's website to stare at the photos of Anna Dello Russo during Paris Fashion week from September. It's not what you think though. It has nothing to do with her fabulous clothes or her even more fabulous accessories. It's her damn near impossible to find gold nail polish. Now, I'm sure I wouldn't have noticed it if it weren't for her gorgeous shoes but the color literally made me stop in my tracks.




I thought it would be as easy as going to the nail salon for a pedicure and picking out the gold shade. NOPE! There is literally a nail salon on every block here in Westwood, yet not ONE of them carries this particular gold. WHY!?!? Time for Plan B. I'll just buy my own gold polish and bring it to the salon. Why does every CVS/Rite Aid in the area carry only 5 shades of nail polish? Why does Sephora carry every shade besides matte gold? Why is the sky blue?

Anyway, I've turned to the web in my search for the "damn near impossible to find gold nail polish." These are some of my options. Right now I'm leaning towards Amazon.com because I know they're reliable and I can always return the polish if it's not perfect. Wish me luck!




(Nubar 24K) (Essie 667) (Mirage 24K Gold 3)



~ Jackie D.

No comments:

Post a Comment