Thursday, October 8, 2009

Emerald City

There is rarely a time when a store never fails to deliver on its merchandise. Did that make sense? Anyway, I feel the need to share my love of a jewelry store that is small, unique, and a treasure in my hometown.

Cocoon, Gifts for the Mind & Heart
is my absolute favorite spot to buy serious jewelry at ridiculously good prices. It also helps that the store owner will offer a story on the place of origin for every single item in the store. Ok so he doesn't only sell jewelry, he actually has any sort of exotic artifact you could think of. I will definitely be decorating my future home with some of his Frida Kahlo pieces. LOVES IT! This is what the shop looks like from the outside. It's conveniently located between a LaundryMat and a Mexican Restaurant....Oh Downey, when will you stop with the Mexican restaurants?



This past Saturday I went a little crazy and got myself:
1. Earrings from India
2. A jewel-encrusted Owl ring from Amsterdam
3. a real gold-dipped leaf on a gold chain
4. black stone and pearl bangles (unknown place of origin, lol)

I LOVE every single piece and I will definitely be returning this weekend to get some cool stuff for my ladies at work. So make sure to visit this place at least ONCE in the near future, I can assure you that you will not regret it.

~ Jackie D.

No comments:

Post a Comment