Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Little Boots

After recovering safely from a fun-filled weekend (aka: scorching hot, sun-burned, pool adventure) I found myself browsing the web for some more interesting finds.

Luckily, I stumbled upon the annual Nordstrom Anniversary Sale. And while I realized that it might be too soon to invest in another fashion purchase I thought I could browse around for some designer look-alikes at budget prices. To my surprise, Nordy's read my mind and created my own little category of "Boots under $100." I love boots and, most of the time, they love me too. But, I only love to look at them because typically, boots have 4 inch heels are higher. While I would be glad to wear 5 inch boots, I am well aware that my 5' 7" self would look like an amazon woman towering over the villagers. So I will offer my discoveries to those vertically-challenged ladies with killer walking skills.


At the Anniversary Sale:

I found these babies in the "under $100"
section .

BCBGeneration 'Dishy' Platform Boot


















As soon as I saw them I was reminded of
my old boot crush, the YSL Tribute Boot.





















They're both black with stiletto heels and platform fronts. While they may not be exactly alike, I would say that you would be getting a better deal with the BCBG boots anyway, and not just because they're $900 cheaper. They also look more wearable and less ...hookery. But who am I kidding, if the Tribute Boot was ever on sale I'd snatch it up in a heartbeat.

Anyway, try to take some time out to browse the anniversary sale. It's a great chance to stock up on some fall weather wardrobe staples.


~
Jackie D.

1 comment: